Project Infiniti has 10 work packages. The WP’s can be grouped into three groups, one on the interface of information extraction and information retrieval (WP1–WP5), one on scalability and adaptability in semantic search engines (WP6–WP8), and one on emotion in video (WP9–WP10). Within a group, the WP’s involved will work on closely related problems, data and technology. Extensive sharing of, and collaborative work on, tools-in-progress, expertise and know-how is foreseen.
Groups will collaborate in international competitions, as a Dutch COMMIT team (TREC Entity track, TREC Microblog track). To a large degree, the groups complement each other in terms of media type or modality; between groups, there will be an exchange of completed tools and components.
- WP1: Adaptive information extraction over time; WP leader Antal van den Bosch
- WP2: Stakeholder tracking; WP leader Maarten de Rijke
- WP3: Mining economic entities; WP leader Franciska de Jong
- WP4: Computational framing; WP leader Claes de Vreese
- WP5: Software development; WP leader Maarten de Rijke
- WP6: Context-aware entity refinement; WP leader Arjen de Vries
- WP7: Deep web entity retrieval; WP leader Djoerd Hiemstra
- WP8: Spoken entities; WP leader Roeland Ordelman
- WP9: Semantic video search on mobile and web platforms; WP leader Theo Gevers
- WP10: And looks-like amazing news; WP leader Sennay Ghebreab